Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Pay Rate*: $17.30/hour (not negotiable)
*Does not include bilingual differential pay
Emerge Center Against Domestic Abuse has begun an organizational process of transforming philosophy and practice to acknowledge the root causes of violence as being embedded in multiple, intersecting systemic oppressions (sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism/poverty, able-ism, and anti-immigrant sentiment).
These conversations directly impact the climate and culture of our organization and are tied to the climate and culture in our community related to violence as a normalized experience. We are seeking team members across the organization who understand that humanizing the experience of all people is a radical act in a non-profit system and who are willing to be a part of transforming our organizational culture to be a more antiracist multicultural institution.
We are seeking job applicants who understand it is our responsibility to ensure that our responses to domestic abuse must include the experiences of those who are most in need and who have the least amount of access to help and support and who can work in an environment that is rapidly changing.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place for everyone. Join us!
The Resource Coordinator supports the Director of Operational Resources in coordinating various operational tasks, processes and projects. The Resource Coordinator also plays a key role in the agency’s procurement process, with responsibility for receiving, picking up and distributing many of the agency’s supplies and other items/services related to agency operations and client assistance.
RESPONSIBILTIES COMMON TO ALL AGENCY EMPLOYEES
- Maintains confidentiality and trust for all employees, participants and visitors
- Consistently displays culturally sensitive behavior and communication for all employees, participants and visitors. Seeks to expand knowledge base to increase cultural sensitivity
- Seeks win/win solutions, values interdependence, shares a common sense of responsibility for the whole
- Acts in a manner that presents the agency in a positive light, and furthers a positive image for the agency
- Demonstrates a positive and respectful personal appearance. Contributes to a clean and orderly facility appearance
- Demonstrates respect, courtesy and dignity for all
- Responds in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
- Maintains safe working environment for self, other employees, and visitors in accordance with applicable standards relevant to the position’s job duties
- Displays adaptability and flexibility to encourage team, participant and agency health including: initiating improvements, demonstrating problem solving and creativity, demonstrating motivation for change and enhancement of the organization
- Serves as agency’s primary “receiver” as outlined in the agency procurement procedures, including responsibility for confirming that incoming purchases from online orders are complete, accurate and exactly match purchase approval
- Oversees and coordinates details and logistics with partner agencies who provide in-kind items to Emerge (e.g., Diaper Bank, Assistance League, etc.) and secure/distribute these items to various sites
- Provides support and coordination and delivery for the in-kind supply process under the direction of the Director of Operational Resources.
- Assesses which requested supplies can be obtained from in-kind items received by the agency, and which require purchase
- Responsible for sorting received donations and supplies (once valued by the Development Coordinator), storage, maintaining an inclusive agency-wide inventory system, and distributing items. This includes re-donating any items that cannot be used by Emerge.
- In partnership with program managers and Director of Operational Resources, responsible for the creation and maintenance of inventory systems at each site
- Distributes supplies, including but not limited to: mail for staff and participants, general office supplies and other intra-site communication and supplies to all sites in a timely manner
- Responsible for the management of participant belongings left behind following a program participants exit from shelter. This includes tracking ongoing communication about whether the items will be picked up and/or discarding/donating any items not picked up within agreed upon timeframes.
- Assists the Director of Operational Resources with various related tasks, processes and projects
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures and all City, County, State and Federal rules and regulations
- Attends all trainings and meetings as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS – Any combination of at least 2 years of work, professional or lived/life experience (personal) pertinent to the Essential Duties list above, including logistics/operations experience, as well as:
Note: Emerge recognizes that the required skills and knowledge needed to serve survivors of domestic abuse can be derived by formal professional experience as well as other life experience outside of a professional setting. Qualified applicants will be asked to make a direct connection between their work or life experience and the required qualifications below. We also value the added foundation that formal education can provide, however, any years spent in an educational
institution will not count directly toward the number of years required or preferred.
- Demonstrate understanding of how gender identity, race, class, ability and sexual orientation and other cultural factors and/or identities intersect with issues of gender-based violence and must be accounted for in operational systems used by the agency
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to confront racist, homophobic, transphobic behavior/comments in any setting
- Ability to build authentic relationships with team members, managers, and program participants through practices such as listening to gain deeper understanding, being vulnerable and engaging in giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to examine your own privilege and connections to power and/or oppressions so that you can work in service and consideration of the entire humanity of others
- Ability to function in a complex institution and systems with a focus on problem solving and adaptability
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS – Any combination of at least 4 years of work, professional or lived/life experience (personal) related to the Required Experience and Qualification, as well as
- Experience in the human services field
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse and/or sexual violence
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail and calendars
- Ability to network efficiently with other agency personnel
- Sensitivity to domestic violence issues
- Maintain confidentiality and respect and observe organizational protocol
- Work effectively as a team member
- Effective time management skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to obtain appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Ability to obtain CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
- Visual acuity and hand dexterity to work with computer systems (monitor, keyboard), reports, and other data sources, reading/entering/processing data and figures
- Ability to use basic office equipment, including computer, fax machine, printers, copier/scanner, adding machine
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
Emerge is an equal opportunity employer